As you walk through the aisles of the grocery store, you go through a mental checklist to double-check that you’ve covered all your bases.
Your grocery list should reflect your desire for your family to consume a variety of healthy foods everyday, as suggested by the Canada Food Guide.
Your cart is full of an assortment of fruits and vegetables, proteins, and whole grains. With a grocery haul like that, it’s hard to believe that we could still be missing ingredients that your body needs to survive and thrive.
There are several essential minerals that your body needs to function at its best, and we’ve outlined them below to help you get your daily dose.
We need some minerals more than others, but each plays an essential and unique role within our body.
- Calcium is crucial for healthy bones and teeth, which is where most of it is found in our body. The mineral also contributes to muscle health, including your heart. Calcium isn’t only found in milk, in fact, there are a significant number plant-based sources of calcium. Green vegetables like spinach and kale, as well as black beans and orange juice offer calcium. Trace amounts of the mineral can be found in filtered Santevia water.
- Magnesium is responsible for contributing to many of your body’s functions, including the nervous system, heart health, and a strong immune system. Similarly to calcium, magnesium can be found in leafy greens as well as lentils and beans. Water from the Santevia Premium Alkaline Water Filtration System provides magnesium in every glass.
- Potassium is a double agent, as it acts as a mineral and an electrolyte. Given its dual functions, it assists in the transportation of fluid and nutrients throughout your body. While we’re sure you know that bananas offer a substantial dose of potassium, the mineral can also be found in dried fruits and a plethora of beans.
- Sodium, like potassium, is also an electrolyte. This salty mineral aids the body in maintaining a normal balance of fluid within the body. However, it should be noted that most North Americans are consuming adequate amounts of sodium in their diets, with the most common source being table salt as well as processed foods.
- Sulfur is used by your body in the maintenance of healthy skin, cartilage, and hair. In addition, sulfur is essential to the healthy function of your nervous system. Like salt, most people get enough of it in their diets. Common sources of sulfur include protein and a variety of vegetables, including brussel sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Phosphorus, last but not least, plays a vital role in the preservation of healthy bones. This mineral can be found in most meats, cheeses, and nuts, meaning that very few people are lacking it in their diets.
Through the alkalization process, Santevia water filtration products add important minerals to your water to assist your body in receiving adequate supplies of calcium and magnesium. Explore our full line of products to ensure you and your family are consuming adequate levels of minerals daily.